[open-science] Fwd: Reinventing Discovery / The Future of Science

Michael Nielsen mn at michaelnielsen.org
Thu Oct 20 01:50:33 UTC 2011

Thanks, Jonathan, for forwarding this to the list.

Of course, the success of the book is important to me for purely personal
reasons.

But the main reason I wrote the book is that I believe it's vital that
open science become a mainstream issue in our society. Writing a book
aimed at a general audience seemed to be the best way I could help achieve
that goal.  I believed this strongly enough that I gave up my tenured job
to write the book.

I know open science is a goal close to the heart of the people on this
list, and so I'm hoping you can help get the word out about the book
to colleagues, students, and the public.

I've blogged more about the book (with links) here:

http://michaelnielsen.org/blog/reinventing-discovery/

Best wishes,

Michael