[open-science] Blog posts and profiles wanted for science.okfn.org!

Jenny Molloy jenny.molloy at okfn.org
Sun Apr 1 16:05:30 UTC 2012

Open scientists!

We want your help to liven up the Open Science Working Group blog
http://science.okfn.org/blog/. Got a project you want to tell us and the
OKFN network about? Been to an interesting talk you'd like to report to the
world?

Any and all submissions welcomed, we'd be delighted to receive short blogs
on talks, articles or media stories about open science.

Remember that the Open Science Federation @openscience do an excellent job
of keeping us all up to date on the latest news, views and events in open
science via Google+ (https://plus.google.com/117417705451874519785) and
Twitter so we will be aiming to provide "value-added" content rather than
replicate their efforts :)

In addition I'd really like to get some profiles of different members of
the group up to demonstrate the scope of interests we have. Here are three
questions to answer - be as brief or verbose as you like and send them back
to me with a photo:

1) What's your background?
2) What got you interested in open science?
3) In your opinion, what is the most exciting thing that open science makes
possible?

 Note on Membership:
By our definition, you're a member if you're on the mailing list and you
can request to be added to the list on the website
http://science.okfn.org/community/members/ by emailing me. We currently
have 369 subscribers to the mailing list and only 56 names on the
membership list so don't be shy.

It would also be great to have some people willing to help manage the extra
content and edit the blog, which would only be a small time commitment.

So please reply if you:
- Have an idea for a blog post
- Would be willing to answer the three questions and send me a photo for
the site
- Would be willing to help edit/curate the blog

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Jenny