[open-science] OKF tools: ckan.org, thedatahub.org

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Apr 3 20:33:15 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 8:34 PM, Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org>wrote:

> On 2 April 2012 23:21, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche at pobox.com> wrote:
> >
> > Jessy Kate Schingler Mon, 2 Apr 2012 11:23:52 -0700 (rearranged)
> >> is there a reason people find ckan/thedatahub insufficient for data
> >> management needs?

I am really keen we look at this oportunity. There is a huge and growing
demand for scientific data repositories and I'd like to see if CKAN/DataHub
can meet this. There has to be an Open offering so the OKF is the natural
place - who else?

So maybe we need a brainstorming day to work out what the problems are,
what we can offer and then - if they click - whether we can sell the idea
to receptive funders (RCUK, Wellcome - EBI, etc.)

FWIW I am giving a plenary at Rome next week on "Open Infrastructure for
Open Science" and if we had a clear position I could advertise it.

P.