[open-science] Extracting and indexing information from scientific literature ("the PDF Cow")

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 20:20:13 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 3:14 PM, Peter Murray-Rust <pm286 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> I don't understand this. Are you running a closed company? If so, good luck
> but I am only interested in Open collaboration at this stage. This isn't for
> moralistic reasons but because it is only by having open code that we can
> make sufficient progress.

No, it's not a company. Can we chat about the details over skype/phone sometime?
(+1) 512-203-0507 or skype "kanzure"

> And indexing is more than publisher metadata (which actually can be
> extracted by several means). It's about domain-specific searching - e.g. we
> can search patents for chemistry in chemical language.

I am rather disappointed by the current state of the chemical
representation scene... smiles, frowns, pydaylight, but nothing under
active development? Maybe Blue Obelisk or CDK has something that I am
forgetting.

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
1 512 203 0507