[open-science] Invitation to participate in the stakeholder dialogue "Licences for Europe"

Jenny Molloy jenny.molloy at okfn.org
Fri Dec 21 13:05:28 UTC 2012

Hi All

I just received this notification about the stakeholder dialogue 'Licences
for Europe' which will involve the European Commission setting up a range
of working groups. Of primary interest to us will be:

(iv) Text and data mining for scientific research purposes
This work strand should
 Identify the scale and nature of demand for TDM access in the EU for
scientific research
purposes, and appropriate means of meeting this demand.
 Explore the potential and possible limits of standard licensing models.
 Assess the appropriateness and  feasibility of technology platforms to
facilitate TDM
access.
 Deliver solutions, including the possibility to develop effective
platforms to facilitate
TDM access.

We would need a main representative to participate in the licence Working
Group and communicate with the rest of our own Open Science Working Group.
There is also the opportunity to propose initiatives or projects ourselves,
which could be of interest to those of you already working in this area (of
which there are several on the list!):

We invite you to consider with your members who of them would be best
placed to
participate inthe Working Groups of interest and relevance to you, and also
invite you to
propose initiatives or projects by individual organisations that might
assist the debate in
these areas.

If anyone would be interested in representing the OKFN Open Science group
in this consultation, has a proposal idea or would just like to express an
interest in being kept up to date, please let me (and the list) know!

Jenny