[open-science] the infectious character of CC-SA works like ... ?

Egon Willighagen egon.willighagen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 08:25:10 UTC 2012

Hi all,

does anyone here have some experience with the legal interpretation of
the ShareAlike clause of the Creative Commons licenses?

In particular, I was wondering if the SA that applies to derivatives,
works like the copylefting in the GNU GPL, or as in the GNU *Affero*
GPL?

The context is data behind a website providing functionality based on
that data (for example, any website that allows you to search that
data, visualize slices, etc). Now, I am not interested into getting
into the argument that data should not be using CC-SA at all, and just
face CC-SA data, where this issue comes up.

Egon

--
Dr E.L. Willighagen
Postdoctoral Researcher