[open-science] help needed for open science project (blog comment contest) Re: Reminder: Open Science Working Group Meeting - 12 Jun 2012, 17:30 UTC

koltzenburg at w4w.net koltzenburg at w4w.net
Mon Jun 11 10:10:46 UTC 2012

hi all,

this morning entered the following project for tomorrow's discussion to the pad

Maximow Award: results of blog comment + doi contest 10-31 May 2012
http://maximowaward.wordpress.com/2012/05/10/blog-comment-contest-10-31-may-12-scientific-
terminology/ 15 comments.
   Q1: what to do next? any ideas on how to use these results for the advancement of open science?
   Background details: In phase II of the Maximow Award 2011/2012 my team ran a blog comment contest
that offered an individual doi for each comment (our rationale behind this: make the participants feel free to
share their expert knowledge, their ideas and their arguments, use the blog software's automatic time
stamp and technical citability). The doi became active as soon as the pdf of the comments (created manually,
example: http://ctt-journal.com/index.php?id=783) were registered in the open repository of the OA Journal
that hosts the contest, http://www.ctt-journal.com - if readers now search the doi, they are directed to the
html page on the journal's website that shows the CC-BY-3.0 license as well as the recommended citation:
"Please cite this contribution as follows", plus the link to the pdf download (many, alas, still ask for that).
  Q2: are you aware of any other project that has done any experiments in this direction? we would be
interested in teaming up etc.

thanks & cheers
Claudia
Maximow Award 2011/2012 team member, a contest funded by the German Ministry of Science and
Education within the frame of the German-Russian year of science, contest hosted by the medical OA journal
"Cellular Therapy and Transplantation" http://www.ctt-journal.com - and after the quality check last year we
recently overcame the technical hurdles, too, and will soon have CTT full text articles made available in
PubMed via PMC - so there is some more food for mining et al.

On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 04:16:01 +0100, Jenny Molloy wrote