[open-science] Data sharing policy for citizen science projects?

Paweł Szczęsny ps at pawelszczesny.org
Mon Jun 11 12:21:37 UTC 2012

Dear all,

In genomics there are at least three slightly different approaches to
_rapid_ data sharing agreements: Ft. Lauderdale agreement, Batavia
Open Genomic Data License or simply release into public domain.
Agreements/policies/contracts other than PDD are made to either
protect data creators (most often) or prevent certain uses (rarely)
_before_ the data is already published/described in a manuscript/etc.
Once the paper is out, final version of the data is PD or OpenData.

Now, the question is whether there is any general
policy/agreement/contract on _rapid_ data sharing from citizen science
projects similar to the ones in genomics? Can we extend/modify Batavia
OGD License (which I like, as it encourages openness)? I feel that in
upcoming wave of citizen science projects rapid data sharing will
become a priority.

Best wishes
PS