[open-science] Fwd: [OKFest-Coord] Finnish contact person to each stream

Laura Newman laura.newman at okfn.org
Tue Mar 20 14:18:42 UTC 2012

Hi all,

If you haven't yet heard, this year's Open Knowledge Festival will take
place in Helsinki in September. See: http://okfestival.org/

Plans are currently being developed, and it would be great if we could put
an exciting Open Science and Open Access stream together. We have begun to
outline potential topics and suggest speakers we may wish to invite at
http://science.okfnpad.org/OKFest. Please do add your thoughts!

The organising committee have requested that individual streams should have
one or two main contact people, plus a small organising team [see email
below]. I am happy to act as one of the main contact people if you would be
happy with that, and would love a couple of people to join me!

Please let me know if you would like to be involved with the planning at
this stage. To stay in the loop with the organising committee, you can also
join the okfestival-coord mailing list here:

Finally, please do reserve the dates in your diary. We hope that many of
you may be able to join us in Helsinki in September!

All the best,
Laura