[open-science] Front end programmer for open science project

Jenny Molloy jenny.molloy at okfn.org
Tue Mar 20 18:48:41 UTC 2012

Hi All

Some of  you might know of people who would be interested in participating
in the following project - please do circulate!

Jenny

A new Oxford Open Science project is seeking a web designer to create a
visually exciting, dynamic, and easy to use front-end to our online system.

There are presently many exciting projects being pursued worldwide in the
general area of open science: tools for text mining the scientific
knowledge base, bibliographic and referencing systems, citation and impact
analysis tools, project planning systems etc. Our project is based around
creating a common platform where many of these emerging ideas can be
simultaneously presented to users (scientists primarily).

We currently have a team of six individuals including four "back end"
programmers. We are rapidly reaching the point where our system requires a
front end in order to be alpha tested.

You should be familiar with modern web standards such as HTML 5, and be
keen to experiment with new packages.

The project will seek funding from a number of sources, but in the present
phase all project members are working voluntarily. You should have the time
to commit about 5 hours per week.

If you're looking for something to bulk up your CV, or if you're just
interested in getting involved in Open Science, then join us.

Email simon.benjamin at materials.ox.ac.uk to arrange a meeting.

(Additionally, for information on Open Science, visit:
www.evolutionofscience.org)