[open-science] Name Change for Working Group

Jenny Molloy jenny.molloy at okfn.org
Sat Mar 31 10:45:59 UTC 2012

Dear All

A good while ago the idea was floated that we should change our name from
our official title of the 'Working Group on Open Data in Science' (
http://blog.okfn.org/2009/03/13/working-group-on-open-data-in-science/) to
the 'Open Science Working Group' to reflect our expanding membership and
broadening scope.

I think the time has come for this switch as it's reached the stage where
Open Data in Science, while very much at the heart of the group, is by no
means our sole focus anymore.

Most of our online presence is already using Open Science because it's
shorter for URLs so this shouldn't cause too much confusion!

Does anyone have any objections?

Jenny