[open-science] [okfn-discuss] Open Data Handbook v1.0

Daniel Dietrich daniel.dietrich at okfn.org
Sun Mar 4 18:36:58 UTC 2012

Dear All,

I agree with Peter that writing the Open Research Data Handbook is not an easy task. Not only is this a complex issue but also a moving target, that would require regular update.

I also agree with Carolina and Sridhar that writing this handbook might be useful, and should include experts from different research areas.

However I think before we continue we should discuss the scope, target group of the handbook. We should also look what is already out there to avoid re-inventing the wheel and make sure we strengthen existing initiatives.

I am willing to help coordinate this effort if we did it, but I am not en expert in open science / open research so I guess the handbook would need someone else to take a lead.

What do people think?

Daniel