[open-science] publishing requires an export permit: new means for censorship in The Netherlands

Tom Olijhoek tom.olijhoek at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 09:14:47 UTC 2012

The reaction of the under-minister is also comparable to the reaction that
open access to scientific literature is dangerous because terrorists can
use it (one of the arguments in the debate around SOPA)
The u minister thinks he can do this because he is u minister of the Deprt
of Economics in the Netherlands but we have to see if he can pull this off.
Meanwhile I think we should strongly protest this move
Tom Olijhoek