[open-science] my new online analysis notebook project

James Casbon casbon at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 20:26:48 UTC 2012

On 24 March 2012 20:18, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 1:02 PM, James Casbon <casbon at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi All, (xpost to okfn-labs)
>>
>> I just deployed a online version of my new project notebook.js:
>> http://notebookjs.me/

> http://ipython.org/ipython-doc/dev/interactive/htmlnotebook.html
> http://ivory.idyll.org/blog/mar-12/ipython-notebook-intro-screencast.html
>
> Any way of sharing work to you think?

I hope so, yes.  I think the ipython stuff is great, and they have a
solid approach.  I wanted to approach it from the frontend back and
hopefully reuse by connecting to an ipython notebook via websocket
(which they already provide).

I was heavily influenced by the development of codenode as well, which
I took part in.  I was focused on making a nice frontend for viewing
and sharing work that could hopefully use different backends.  So I
would be interested in seeing if we can find common ground in an web
socket engine protocol.  But the main challenge here was to define an
application which runs entirely locally - so you can run this program
without a server and therefore reproduce someones work on your
machine.

--
James
http://casbon.me/