[open-science] OKFest - Call for Proposals

Jessy Kate Schingler jessy at jessykate.com
Thu Mar 29 06:52:51 UTC 2012

hey all,

some ideas on the open science front specifically, riffing off of the
"experimental" format a bit:

open notebook practitioners - workshop and feedback session
- required to have an open notebook or commit to creating one to attend :)
- discuss form, content, composability, discoverability, lessons
learned, etc.
- how can we better link together/leverage work being put in the open by
open researchers?

research statement video booth!
- get open science practitioners to record a < 1m video of their research
interests/research statement, and put them online.
- can also talk about value they derived from using x,y,z open science
tools/practices.
- get people excited about playing with open science tools, humanize and
make science approachable

science markup - design session (or maybe a debate style?)
- using RDF(a)/microdata to make science on the web more discoverable.
- what structure would people find useful
- what efforts have been attempted and failed/petered out and why?
- how/would they use such things?
- what authoring tools and plugins could exist to support it.

just brainstorming... not sure if any of those pique others' interests...
jessy

Jessy
http://jessykate.com