[open-science] Citizen Cyberscience workshop Geneva 22-23 April

Francois Grey francois.grey at cern.ch
Wed Apr 3 13:48:40 UTC 2013

Dear All,

Here's a link to our upcoming Citizen Cyberscience Workshop at Uni Geneva on Monday-Tuesday 22-23 April.

http://informatique.cuso.ch/activities/detail-activity/item/courses/citizen-cyberscience/

Should be a great chance to learn about some of the citizen science software that OKF is involved with through Crowdcrafting.org (Pybossa, Epicollect, CernVM…) and hack on some neat new apps.

Several of the key developers will be there, and a range of scientists (CERN/particle physics; UN/disaster mapping UNI Geneva/ bioscience…).

Also an excellent opportunity to brainstorm with local experts about the OKF Festival in Geneva later in the year, and making the most of that for Open Science.

The event is free, but you must register as space is limited. For anyone currently studying in French-speaking Swiss universities, good news: travel and accommodation are covered, too. Contact the local organizer for details.

Please encourage members of OKF chapters in Switzerland and nearby (France, Germany, Austria) to come along.

Francois

PS Jenny: I've posted all this on pad for updating the open science web page, too :)