[open-science] Elsevier buys Mendeley (it's official now)

Piotr Migdal pmigdal at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 07:33:17 UTC 2013

I participated in some heated discussions on that topic, when it was only still a speculation.

However,  for me [an otherwise happy user of Mendeley] it is an important question, what are the real arguments against using Mendeley now?
Sure, I can imagine that later it will evolve in a tool I don't want to use anymore (but there is bib file I can import, and files are stored also on my drive).
Sure, there are general arguments for using open software vs proprietary software.

Regards,
Piotr