[open-science] introduction and Chicago

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Tue Apr 30 19:25:13 UTC 2013

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 1:49 PM, Bryan Bishop <kanzure at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 9:09 AM, sheila miguez <shekay at pobox.com> wrote:
>>
>> I've been lurking on this list for a bit. I've been wondering if there
>> are any okfn open science enthusiasts in Chicago. I know some diybio
>> and diy-other  other folks, but would like to meet people who like to
>

> IIRC, there's a fellow named Ben Hyink in your area that you should meet.
>
> - Bryan
> http://heybryan.org/
> 1 512 203 0507

Unfortunately he died last year. :(

He was organizing meetings at ps1 (one of the hackerspaces here) about
open science in the sense of doing science that is open. People in the
group wanted to create a science lab at ps1 for doing research.

There is a reasonable number of people in the mailing list they set
up, but it hasn't been active in a while. But there will be overlap in
terms of interest! so if there are any okfn hackathons or other local
events, I will cross post.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/chiopensci

--
sheila