[open-science] [Open-access] Make BMJ fully open

Joseph Mcarthur joseph.mcarthur.10 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 23:38:39 GMT 2013

Thanks Peter. Can I urge anyone interested in Open Access/Open Science/Open
Data ext to give this a look. Lend us one FB/Twitter status and you can
help track when people all over the world are denied access to research.

https://www.thunderclap.it/en/projects/5675-open-access-button-launch

Thanks everyone!

Joe

On 3 November 2013 20:30, Peter Murray-Rust <pm286 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> I have supported the thunderclap ( I have ca.2000 followers). Any tweeter
> can do the same.
>

> On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 4:13 PM, Subbiah Arunachalam <
> subbiah.arunachalam at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I just read the news story "BMA — Fight for open access research in
>> joint thunderclap protest<http://bma.org.uk/news-views-analysis/news/2013/november/fight-for-open-access-research-in-joint-thunderclap-protest>"
>> in OATP Primary, the forum managed by Prof. Peter Suber of Harvard
>> University.
>>
>> First of all BMA should make its own publications 100% open access. Try
>> accessing BMJ and you will know what I mean.
>>
>> All the same, I support this venture.
>>
>> Best.
>>
>> Arun

> Peter Murray-Rust
> Reader in Molecular Informatics
> Unilever Centre, Dep. Of Chemistry
> University of Cambridge
> CB2 1EW, UK
> +44-1223-763069

Joseph McArthur <http://bit.ly/1apTC7b> ¦ Open Access
Button<http://bit.ly/198fA0R>Project Lead ¦ Paywalls
limit knowledge and stifle innovation, help map their impact and get the
research you need at oabutton.org. ¦ Twitter: @Mcarthur_Joe ¦ skype:
joseph_mcarthur ¦ 07732634892 ¦ The Open Access Button is a
Medsin-UK<http://www.medsin.org/>programme.

The glamorous life of a final year student means I try to only answer
emails at 7am. Please keep this in mind when contacting me. If urgent
please don't hesitate to ring me.