[open-science] [Open-access] Open Data Day 2014 - let's synchronise open science data events on 22 Feb!

Michelle Brook michelle.brook at okfn.org
Fri Dec 20 01:21:37 UTC 2013

Hey all,

I know I'd be keen to push on with an idea previously floated about
exploring scholarly publishers (and learned societies) and their incomes.
(More information and th ebeginnings of a proposed data expedition found:
http://pad.okfn.org/p/scholarly-publishers-data-expedition).

The Open Knowledge Foundation is going to be doing more work next year
around open access - and it would be great to get some of this data
together to display visually.

Would anyone else be interested in this?

MIchelle

On 19 December 2013 14:59, Jenny Molloy <jenny.molloy at okfn.org> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Open Data Day [1] will be taking place on 22 Feb 2014 and people are
> gearing up to run events around the world. We would love to coordinate some
> on open scientific data!
>
> So what can you do?
>
>    - If you're already running open science activities, make your Feb
>    meeting data related and run it on 22 (this is my plan with Oxford Open
>    Science).
>
> OR
>
>    - Organise a one-off in your city/university/department
>
> OR
>
>    - Participate in one of the many events already planned around the
>    world.
>
> AND
>
>    - Send us your stories for the OKF blog afterwards!
>

> There are instructions for adding your event to the official Open Data Day
> list on the OKF blog [2].
>
> However, do let the list know if you're planning something and we'll do a
> round-up here and on the open science blog. Between us we can probably
> connect people in similar localities together to help each other out and
> make a bigger splash with their event.
>
> Thanks very much!
>
> Jenny
>

> [1] http://opendataday.org/