[open-science] Open Science Working Group Update and Call for Community Organisers

Stefan Kasberger mail at stefankasberger.at
Thu Dec 26 15:10:08 UTC 2013

hey,

I will be in Berlin from March till August to study on FU Berlin
(Geography) and I've already talked with Christian Heise from OKF-DE
about organizing something at OKFest. We are actually thinking about
connectiong different activities and groups to a german speaking OKFN
Open Science Working Group from germany, switzerland, austria and
lichtenstein. We will keep you up to date and blog about this in the
next weeks. It's very early, but if you have some feedback, just write
to me. If this works out and the communities are interested in it, we
would like to organize some kind of kick off event (panel or hackathon)
for the german speaking open science community.

If not, i would love to offer my resources to some other event.

and im also in for the geoscience event (at least hacking there),
totally my field of interest :)

Cheers and nice holidays, Stefan

On 2013-12-19 11:54, Suchith Anand wrote:
> That is excellent news. I will be happy to plan Open Geo Science session at OKFest 2014. Will discuss this with other colleagues in the Geo for All initiative  http://www.geoforall.org/ and inform you.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Suchith
>
> Dr Suchith Anand
> Nottingham Geospatial Institute
> Nottingham Geospatial Building
> University of Nottingham  NG7 2 TU
> Tel: (0)115 82 32750
> http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/~lgzwww/contacts/staffPages/SuchithAnand/Suchith%20Anand.htm
> http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ngi/research/geospatial-science/geospatial-science.aspx
> http://elogeo.nottingham.ac.uk/
> http://ica-opensource.scg.ulaval.ca/
> http://opensourcegeospatial.icaci.org/
>
> Be part of   "Geo for All"<http://www.geoforall.org/>
>
> Leading Open Geospatial Science through ICA Commission on Open Source Geospatial Technologies
>
> Mission - Building up Open Source, Open Standards, Open Data research for bridging the digital divide

*Stefan Kasberger*
*E* mail at stefankasberger.at
*W* www.openscienceASAP.org