[open-science] Requesting material for "Introduction to open science" talk, target: faculty

Fiona Nielsen fiona.nielsen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 12:40:25 UTC 2014

Hi Daniel,

When I put together a slide deck about how Open Science applies to genomics
<http://www.slideshare.net/FionaNielsen1/the-need-to-redefine-genomic-data-sharing-moving-towards-open-science-oct-30-2014>,
I found the slides of Jelena Aleksic on Open Access
<http://www.slideshare.net/jelena121/open-access-talk?qid=e7ef6545-70fd-4b5c-8212-51e308acfae5&v=default&b=&from_search=2>
and Christian Heise on Open all sorts of stuff
<http://www.slideshare.net/christianheise/gfm-open-whaaaaaaat102013bmch-27451852>
very
useful.

All the best for your talk!

Cheers,

-Fiona-

--
What is the state of data access in genomics research? We did some research
to find out:

https://www.vizify.com/fiona-nielsen

Read "Data barriers limit genetic diagnosis":
http://www.nature.com/news/data-barriers-limit-genetic-diagnosis-1.12414

“Excellence can be achieved, if we:
Care more than others think is wise,
Risk more than others think is safe,
Dream more than others think is practical,
Expect more than others think is possible.”
- Deborah Johnson-Ross