[open-science] Updates on the @OSwaw2014 conference (keynotes, deadline extension)

Lukasz Bolikowski l.bolikowski at icm.edu.pl
Mon Feb 3 10:37:23 UTC 2014

Dear all,

let me give you a brief update about the Opening Science to Meet Future
Challenges conference in Warsaw on March 11th:

   http://conference2014.ceon.pl/
   https://twitter.com/OSwaw2014

There will be four keynote speakers:
* Nicholas Canny, “Making Open Access Work for All: Dream or Reality?”
* Stevan Harnad, “How to Formulate Effective Policies to Open Access to
Research Worldwide”
* Cameron Neylon, “From Network Architecture to Concrete Action –
Charting a Future for Open Research on the Web”,
* John Willinsky, “What Is It About the Intellectual Properties of
Learning?”.

The *deadline for abstract submissions* has been *extended to February
7th*, so on behalf of the organizers I warmly encourage you to submit
abstract of your presentations!

As the conference is co-located with an OECD workshop on Open Science,
we expect a good mix of stakeholders on Open Science.  Do join us!

If you have any questions regarding the event, I would be glad to answer
them.

Best regards,

Lukasz