[open-science] Join our next Mozilla Science community call - tmrw, Jan. 9 / 11 ET

Kaitlin Thaney kaitlin at mozillafoundation.org
Wed Jan 8 14:49:05 UTC 2014

Hi all,
Our first community call of 2014 will take place tomorrow, Thursday, January 9. The call is open to the public and will start at 11 am ET. Call in details can be found on the call etherpad (where you can also find notes and the agenda): https://etherpad.mozilla.org/sciencelab-calls-jan9-2014

The Science Lab meeting is our community call, taking place on the second Thursday of every month, highlighting what we’re up to as well as work of the community relevant to science and the web. Join us to hear more about current projects, ways you can get involved, and hear from others about their work in and around science on the web.

This month, we’ll be following up on one of our recent guest posts by Sophie (Kershaw) Kay from the Open Science Training Initiative on teaching reproducible science. She’ll be walking us through some of her work in introducing graduate students to the many facets of reproducible science, and telling us about their plans moving forward. It’s a fascinating course – do tune in. (http://mozillascience.org/reproducible-research-teaching-the-how/)

We’ll also be hearing from one of our Mozilla colleagues, Victor Ng, who’s been doing some awesome work building on the Open Access Button. More on his work extending the project, here: http://mozillascience.org/accessing-content-on-the-web-extending-the-open-access-button/

Have a project, idea or blog post you’d like to share relevant to open science you'd like to share? Add it to the etherpad (see line 86): https://etherpad.mozilla.org/sciencelab-calls-jan9-2014

It’s a great way to share what you’re working on and/or interested in with the community. Don’t be shy. Have a look at last month’s notes for an idea of what others contributed to the conversation. https://etherpad.mozilla.org/sciencelab-calls-dec12

Time: Thursday, January 9 ; 11am ET

Call in details: Conference Number: +1 800 707 2533, password 369; Room code: 7677

Etherpad: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/sciencelab-calls-jan9-2014

Blog post: http://bit.ly/1eH1xRc

We hope you'll join us. :)

Best,