[open-science] Open Access Journals in Sociology charging publication fees

Ulrich Herb u.herb at scinoptica.com
Tue Jul 8 10:07:49 UTC 2014

Dear lists,

another by-product of my PhD project: Based on data from the Directory
of Open Access Journals DOAJ I ​​examined to what extent open access
journals in sociology charge their authors with publication fees.
Surprisingly, the information of the DOAJ about the prevelance of these
fees in journals from sociology were wrong to a large extent. A manual
survey found that only three of the 109 selected journals used
publication fees.
http://www.scinoptica.com/pages/topics/open-access-journals-in-sociology-charging-publication-fees.php

best

Ulrich Herb
--
scinoptica science consulting & publishing consulting
POB 11 54

---