[open-science] Mozilla Science Lab Global Sprint is this week!

Lorelei Kelly loreleikelly at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 05:05:54 UTC 2014

22nd and 23rd

yee haw!  Here is lots of good info:
https://etherpad.mozilla.org/sciencelab-2014summersprint-sites

and here's the events page on the webmaker.org site

https://events.webmaker.org/#!/events/4095

something I've been noodling about--the EPA, I believe, is going to get
more and more interested in citizen science--here's the fairly recent
region two website:

http://epa.gov/citizenscience/

am wondering if maker parties can directly address and give support to this
effort.  As a former Hill staffer, the EPA has such a hard time building
knowledge about its activities...anyway might be a good angle.

Also, the House of Representatives now has a Maker Caucus-- it is new and
growing, so if you happen to touch base with your Rep or attend a public
event, say something about citizen science! you can email me off list, too
and I will put you in touch with the right coordinates...

Hope everyone is having a good summer. Make away!

--

*Thanks,Lorelei Kelly <http://www.loreleikelly.net>*
Tweeting @loreleikelly

cell: 202-487-7728