[open-science] Wikipedia editathon: genetic data sharing

Fiona Nielsen fnielsen at dnadigest.org
Wed May 21 15:16:43 UTC 2014

Dear friends and colleagues,

These days we are seeing a great display of genetic data sharing projects
including the Global Alliance and projects within the Human Variome
Project. So many great activities, tools and best practises are being
developed.

- How do we make this know-how about genetics data management and data
sharing available as easy as possible to young researchers and the general
public?

** Invitation **
We would like to see more of this knowledge of existing tools and best
practises to be readily available online, so we are encouraging and
inviting you all to participate in our Wikipedia Editathon on May 29th.
http://dnadigest.org/event/wiki-editathon/

We are inviting local contributors to join us at our venue in London to
brainstorm, edit and add to wikipedia and share pizzas. And we encourage
everyone with an interest to join us online from around the world to make
their additions to wikipedia on this date.

By signing up through our eventbrite, we can coordinate the activities of
the local and online contributors and make use of online collaboration
tools to keep everyone on track and in touch during the course of the day.

Please share this invitation widely with relevant networks and mailing
lists within your institution to reach both young and seasoned researchers.

Let's make 'common sense' into public knowledge.

Kind regards,

-Fiona-

--

*Fiona Nielsen*

Founder and CEO

+44 (0) 742 751 2155
fnielsen at dnadigest.org

*DNAdigest works to promote and enable easier and more efficient sharing of
genomics data for research. We educate and engage the community about the
hurdles and dilemmas for data sharing as faced from the perspective of
stakeholders in academia, industry and patient communities. As part of our
work we are working with our community and supporters to prototype new
mechanisms and concepts for data sharing and data access.*

 *Please visit our website to learn more about our activities and events:*
http://DNAdigest.org

DNAdigest a Company Limited by Guarantee, registered as a charity in
England and Wales
Registered Address: c/o BCS, Windsor House, Station Court, Station Road, Great
Shelford, Cambridge, CB22 5NE, United Kingdom

Company Number: 08585251   Charity registration number: 1154095