[open-science] FOI requests on journal access costs (Finland)

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Sun Nov 23 17:03:51 UTC 2014

And congratulations from me as well,

We also find that some Universities in UK haven't always been very helpful
for FOI. However we've found it's worth continuing to request information
and publicly comparing responses. I found this when requesting contractual
information but in particular Tim Gowers did a magnificent job by
continuing to request information. Ultimately no University likes to be
seen as the only unhelpful one.

Also it's worth comparing between countries. Some countries don't like to
be listed lowly in the Open Data Census and it may be worth pointing these
discrepancies out.