[open-science] Open Science Census

Fernanda Peset <mpesetm@upv.es> fernandapeset at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 18:08:28 UTC 2014

What interesting project! Very thanks, Richard

Following the Rayna`s suggestion I'm trying to detail my interest about the
openscience surveys (and their reports). Also, I'm very proud to inform to
the list that we will be at the 10th Digital Curation Center Infernational
Conference (http://www.dcc.ac.uk/events/idcc15) with a poster about that
issue: "Research data management in Spain: results from a DATASEA project
survey"

Our research group perform a survey that audits the status of researchers’
data and their behaviour. We were compiling different examples for doing
our questionnaire, and we have found some results for other regions. I
detail the reports (very different each other):

A. For studying researchers sector:
1. Parse insight project. www.parse-insight.eu.

2. DATARES project http://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc228265/m/

3. Mossink, Wilma; Bijsterbosch ,Magchiel & Nortier, Joeri (2013). *European
Landscape Study of Research Data Management*. Utrecht: SURF, 2013

B. For libraries or mixed:

1. Tenopir, Carol; Birch, Ben & Allard, Suzie (2012). *Academic Libraries
and Research Data Services: Current Practices and Plans for the Future*.
Chicago: Association of College and Research.

2. *Online survey on scientific information in the digital age *(2012).
http://ec.europa.eu/research/science-society/document_library/pdf_06/survey-on-scientific-information-digital-age_en.pdf

C. Developing (since I know):
1. Data sharing survey by Leibniz Research Alliance Science 2.0

2. Metrics for datasets by PLOS

3. Current Practices for Discovery of Research Data in Repositories by RDA
Alliance & ANDS

D. Other reports:

Council on Library and Information Resources (2013). *Research Data
Management: Principles, Practices, and Prospects.* Washington, D.C.: CLIR.
http://www.clir.org/pubs/reports/pub160/pub160.pdf

Beagrie, N. & Houghton, J. (2013). The value and impact of the Archaeology
data service. Charles Beagrie Ltd

Beagrie, N. & Houghton, J. (2014). The Value and Impact of Data Sharing and
Curation A synthesis of three recent studies of UK research data centres

We have compiled this information because we think that is the more
realistic way to know the statu quo in one region. I don't know if Open
Science Census is the best place to register them.

All the best,

Fernanda Peset
On behalf of Datasea research group
http://www.datasea.es