[open-science] Open Science Working Group Coordination Call - 20 Jan 18:00 UTC

Rayna rayna.st at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 15:02:11 UTC 2014

Hey everyone,

Thanks much for the wrap-up apologies I couldn't attend, but am travelling
these days and it's a bit tricky to reconcile everything :-)

A question that doesn't seem to have had an answer: who'll ttake care of
the board and tech liaisons?

Rayna

P. S. Brevity and typos courtesy of Asus

URL, which should have been http://okfnpad.org/p/science-coord-20jan2014

> Do check this out at your convenience if you can't make the call and I
look forward to speaking to some of you shortly.

> Jenny
>

> On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 12:37 PM, Jenny Molloy <jenny.molloy at okfn.org>
wrote:

> Dear All
>
> Thank you to those of you who got in touch following my email late last
year to offer your help coordinating the open science group and starting
new local groups. Below is an update on the next steps and a further
invitation to get involved if you would like to do so.

> Local Groups
>
> We are excited to be exploring new activities in Italy, Romania, India,
Germany and China!
> Do get in touch if you'd like to act as an open science ambassador in
your region and begin to form a local group.
> Watch this space for an upgrade to the working group website to make it
much easier to find and view local groups and activities around open
science. If you're a whizz with javascript and would like to help out with
this we would love to hear from you :)

> Working Group Coordinators
>
> The email copied below this one listed several roles for which it would
be great to find volunteers. Thanks to all those who responded so far! If
you would be happy to assist but haven't responded yet, get in touch or add
your name and interests to the spreadsheet [1]
> Those who are interested in coordination are welcome to join a call on
Monday 20 January 18:00 UTC (agenda and details at [2]), if you can't make
it, do comment either before or after the meeting and feel free to get in
touch with me. We are likely to run another call in the near future for
those in different timezones.
> Look out for an update after this meeting on coordination going forward
and introductions from the new coordinator team!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtV3tIqIu0UZdHg0NDFkRy1POWhwQ2tsOEdTa2kyNlE&usp=drive_web#gid=0
> [2] http://okfnpad.org/p/science-coord-20jan20140
>
> On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 9:24 AM, Jenny Molloy <jenny.molloy at okfn.org>
wrote:

> Hi All
> I thought as we get to the end of 2013 it would be good to let you know
where the working group is at currently and let you have your say on how we
might proceed in our mission to open up science during the next year!

> We have grown to over 630 members (!) on the mailing list and now have
local groups or representation in:

> Sweden
> Finland
> UK (Oxford, London, Cambridge)
> Australia
> Austria
> France
> Brazil
> US
>
> Which is fantastic, but we'd love to expand further! If you would like to
be an open science ambassador for your region/country/city/university then
get in touch.

> To help us keep track of all these activities and make sure we're being
as effective as possible at providing a space for discussions and
collaboration around open science, it would be great to hear from anyone
who would like to be more involved in managing the working group (also, I
have a thesis due in 9 months so any and all help is very much welcome from
my perspective!).

> We would like to put together a group of community organisers to
contribute to a variety of roles. There can be a name for this group but we
haven't settled on one yet - suggestions welcome.The time commitment will
be flexible and relatively low, but it will make a big difference to have
someone keeping an eye on specific areas. The roles and tasks might include:

--
"Change l'ordre du monde plutôt que tes désirs."

http://me.hatewasabi.info/