[open-science] ethical code of conduct for citizen scientists?

Angus Whyte a.whyte at ed.ac.uk
Mon Mar 31 14:15:01 UTC 2014

Hi Lorelei,  I'm almost certain I saw Chris Lintott of the Citizen
Science Alliance present something along these lines some time ago.
Although there is nothing that specific on their website you could try
contacting him cjl at astro.ox.ac.uk <mailto:cjl at astro.ox.ac.uk>

Best wishes,

Angus Whyte

Angus Whyte
Digital Curation Centre
University of Edinburgh

On 31/03/2014 14:37, Lorelei Kelly wrote:
> hello!
> This is my first post to the open science list.
> I'm giving a workshop this week with scientists and others in the
> policymaking realm.  The topic will be the impact of open data on
> science policy and especially for security purposes.  (the event is co
> sponsored with the FBI and AAAS)
>
> I've got lots of background on WMD in general...as this was my remit
> when I worked on Capitol Hill, but
> I've been looking for guidelines or codes of conduct for citizen
> science...has anybody seen anything like this?
>
> thanks in advance
>
> --
> *
> *Thanks,*
> *Lorelei Kelly <http://www.loreleikelly.net>*
> *
> *
> *
> Tweeting @loreleikelly
>
> cell: 202-487-7728

* New book * - Delivering Research Data Management Services; Fundamentals of good practice, by Graham Pryor, Sarah Jones and Angus Whyte, editors. Facet Publishing.
http://www.facetpublishing.co.uk/title.php?id=9337

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.