[open-science] Train-the-trainers, R lessons and “flipped” classrooms - Thurs, May 8 (11ET)

Kaitlin Thaney kaitlin at mozillafoundation.org
Tue May 6 23:27:14 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Our next Science Lab call will take place *this Thursday*, May 8 at 11 ET.

We’re back this month after a series of back-to-back team workweeks, bootcamps and trainings and have a lot to share with you all. This month’s call is all about education – showcasing some of the recent work around skills training and curriculum development for researchers.

We'll be hearing from Warren Code about the recent instructor training in Toronto, Lorena Barba on teaching with IPython Notebooks, and John Blishcak on collaboratively designing R lesson materials.

I hope you all can make it. More information (and dial-in details) here: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/sciencelab-calls-may08-2014

Have an update, interesting post, upcoming event you'd like to share? Add it under line 99!

And do help us spread the word. All are welcome.

Best,

http://mozillascience.org/train-the-trainers-r-lessons-and-flipped-classrooms-thurs-may-8-11-et/
--
Kaitlin Thaney