[open-science] Science at OKFest's preliminary program

Alexandre Hannud Abdo abdo at member.fsf.org
Tue May 20 16:40:26 UTC 2014

Ni!

Hey folks, of the 12 proposals originating from this working group to
OKFest, two got selected!

http://2014.okfestival.org/okfestival-provisional-programme-is-now-live/

I have no idea if this is a good or a bad number, but it's a positive
integer so I'll stick to the positiveness of this fact. ;)

On the wiki you can see the full text of each proposal.

http://wiki.okfn.org/Open_Science/OKFest2014

Of those approved, one has three people involved in its organization:
"Testing the efficiency of open versus traditional science – Daniel
Mietchen, Jenny Molloy, Alexandre Hannud Abdo".

The other, a bit oddly, is one I inserted last-minute after noticing
there was nothing about open science training: "Exploding Open Science!
Awareness, training, funding, training – Alexandre Hannud Abdo"

I'm only alone in that because of timing, so if anyone else would like
to assist I'm more than willing to share the organization and the work!
If you're interested let me know so I can inform OKFest to include your
name on the program.

;)

I'm also open to have somebody else take my place in assisting Daniel's
proposal, since only these two got through and more people might be
holding their breath to contribute. Let me and Daniel know about that.

There'll also be a third science related session which was not on the
wiki: "Skills and tools for web native open science – Kaitlin Thaney
(Mozilla Science Lab), Karthik Ram (rOpenSci)".

Finally, if enough Open Science people are attending anyway, we could
also host our other proposals in a different format as a side-event,
night-event, lunch-talks or something like that... are you attending?
What do you think?

Popcorn and mushrooms,

ale
.~´