[open-science] OpenTrials Community Manager Job

Jenny Molloy jenny.molloy at okfn.org
Tue Dec 15 14:37:59 UTC 2015

Hi All

I noticed that Open Knowledge are looking for an OpenTrials Community
Manager and thought this might be of interest to some of you or people you
know!

Jenny

More info: https://okfn.org/about/jobs/

*About the role*

Open Knowledge International is seeking a Community Manager to work on
developing the community around the OpenTrials project:
http://opentrials.net. *The Community Manager for OpenTrials will have a
working understanding of what clinical trials are, how they are run, and
how they are reported; the different kinds of documents and data associated
with clinical trials; and the current barriers to accessing them*.

The candidate will also demonstrate a good knowledge of the health sector,
key health sector bodies in the UK and worldwide.  While familiarity with
email, blogs and Twitter is desirable, no specific technical knowledge is
required.

Duties will include tasks such as:

   - We are looking for someone self-driven and organised with expert
   community manager and communications skills, who has the ability to engage
   with community members at all levels - from policy makers to developers
   working in the health sector and a good understanding of clinical trials.
   - Expanding and strengthening the OpenTrials community – including
   public officials, civic society organisations, health practitioners,
   researchers, patient groups, key health stakeholders, developers, data
   journalists and others
   - Organising and facilitating events, workshops, hackathons and meetings
   about OpenTrials – bringing together key stakeholders from different areas
   - Following key developments on mailing lists, blogs and Twitter – and
   inviting people and organisations to participate in relevant projects,
   activities and events
   - Scheduling Tweets and following relevant developments on Twitter for
   OpenTrials
   - Blogging about OpenTrials  – and soliciting guest blog posts from key
   stakeholders
   - Running the Open Knowledge International discussion forum for
   OpenTrials and responding to comments and suggestions from the community
   - Connecting people, groups and projects with common interests – and
   encouraging them to collaborate
   - Continuously monitoring and analysing the needs of groups and
   potential groups around the world, and exploring how best to support them
   or engage them with the OpenTrials project

*Person specification*

We are looking for someone self-driven and organised with expert community
management and communications skills, who has the ability to engage with
community members at all levels - from policy makers to developers working
in the health sector - and a good understanding of clinical trials.

*Location*

We will consider applicants based anywhere in the world; however we would
prefer someone who is based close to London or Oxford. You can work from
home, with flexibility offered and required. Some flexibility around work
hours is useful, and there may be some (infrequent) travel required.

*Pay & closing date*

The rate is negotiable based on experience. This is a part-time position (2
days per week) available immediately. This is a fixed term contract of six
months with the possibility of extension. Early application is encouraged,
as we are looking to fill the position as soon as possible. This vacancy
will close when we find a suitable candidate

*How to apply*

To apply please send a cover letter highlighting relevant experience and
your CV via the "apply now" button below.

If you have any questions, please direct them to jobs [at] okfn.org.