[open-science] Funding suggestions for working group projects

Jenny Molloy jenny.molloy at okfn.org
Sun Jan 4 06:58:16 UTC 2015

Happy New Year All!

I have started pulling together a list of current or potential projects for
which the working group could seek funding during 2015.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iZ1l7obFZl61vubGDggr92-KLkS682rXpPK3vyNFuM4/edit?usp=sharing

Your comments and suggested edits would be much appreciated! Particularly
from a global perspective as I'm most familiar with European funding. The
key items to note are:

   - An application has been submitted to fund a pilot of open science
   community grants for the working group and local groups (approx £5000 per
   year)
   - An application is being resubmitted to the previous funders of the
   Panton Fellowships for support in 2015-16
   - I suggest we look at applying for a COST action network on research
   into open science. http://www.cost.eu/about_cost - thoughts on this idea
   welcome, particularly from those based in EU countries who might like to be
   partners.

The key thing we'll be trying to do this year is work as openly as
possible, which means collaborative, open drafting processes and open
publication of decisions and reports. We want to collaborate wherever
possible so do please let us know if any of these ideas intersect with your
own plans and comment on the document or here in the thread if you'd like
to get involved.

Ideas will be migrated to the wiki for further work over the coming weeks.

Thanks very much all, I look forward to hearing from you!

Jenny