[open-science] Open Science Blog Editors Wanted!

Jenny Molloy jenny.molloy at okfn.org
Tue Jan 6 15:00:49 UTC 2015

Hi All

Do you have 2+ hours a month available to edit and post some fantastic open
science content to the open science working group blog?
http://science.okfn.org/blog

We are looking for more editors to join Ann, Scott and Rayna on the blog
editing team!

We aim to post at least once a month on events and activities organised by
working group members, insights and thoughts from you all on different
aspects of open science or the occasional guest blog post from others in
the field.

The ideal minimum commitment is to manage two blog posts a year (either
editing someone else's or even authoring your own) but any additional help
is much appreciated, for instance in curating the blog by putting together
a short series of related posts and requesting guest posts.

More info here: http://wiki.okfn.org/Open_Science/WGCoordination/BlogEditor

If you are interested:

   1. Get in touch with any questions via this thread or science at okfn.org
   2. Add you name to the wiki linked above
   3. Follow the open science blog queue topic on Discourse to pick up
   posts as they come in!
   http://discuss.okfn.org/t/open-science-blog-queue/142

Blog link for sharing above info:
http://science.okfn.org/2015/01/05/open-science-blog-editors-wanted/

If you are more interested in curation than editing, check out our
discussion on aggregating blog feeds to create a Planet Open Science that
will eventually involve 'Editor's Picks', community tagging and other
features. Svetlana Belkin is driving this forward:
http://discuss.okfn.org/t/planet-open-science/94

If you'd like your work to feature on the blog, this is the page for you:
http://wiki.okfn.org/Open_Science/Communication#Blog

Thanks all and we look forward to hearing from you!

Jenny