[open-science] Why do you use MediaWiki?

Ivan Ferrero ivan.ferrero1975 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 12:56:34 UTC 2015

Hi all!

I'm planning a collaborative open website and I'm confused about which
platform to use.

I think a Wiki would be the best option.

I always hear about the MediaWiki platform: why?

There are many other Wiki platforms with more features and more friendly,
i.e.: TikiWiki.

AFAK MediaWiki is very little mobile friendly, no Social Networks
connections, and very little aesthetics.

At the opposite softwares like TikiWiki (just to name the one I analyzed
the most: no ads here!) come with features like blog, forum, points and
stars to reward the members, etc...

So why I always read about MediaWiki?

Best regards,

Ivan