[open-science] Why do you use MediaWiki?

Pierre-Carl Langlais pierrecarl.langlais at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 14:08:07 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I guess the main reason that sums up it all is : a huge community of
developers, well-funded by the Wikimedia Foundation. That means a wide
range of extensions, help and support. Imho, it is actually  easier to
customize a MediaWiki software (by combining the appropriate extensions
and some css magic) rather than attempting to use a lesser known version
of wiki (which may be fine initially, but means a lot of struggle to
find the appropriate information or set up some additional functions).

PCL