[open-science] First Mozilla Science Lab Australasia Community Call, Thurs. May 28

Bill Mills bill at mozillafoundation.org
Thu May 21 19:59:04 UTC 2015

Hi all,

The Mozilla Science Lab is having its first Australasia Community Call
on *Thursday,
May 28 at 10 AM AEST*; dial in info is at the top of the etherpad here:
https://etherpad.mozilla.org/sciencelab-calls-may28-2015

For our first regional call, we're going to be hearing from some of the
people based in Australia & New Zealand who are leading projects for the
fast-approaching *Mozilla Science Global Sprint, coming up this June 4 & 5*.

First on the call, we'll be joined by Bruno Kinoshita
<https://twitter.com/kinow>, lead on the BioUno project
<https://www.mozillascience.org/projects/biouno>, a platform to scaffold
and streamline software best practices in bioinformatics. BioUno is looking
for feedback from the research community to help make it as usable &
relevant as possible; read more about the project in Bruno's recent blog
post <https://www.mozillascience.org/mozsprint-projects-the-biouno-project>
on the project for the Science Lab.

Following this, we'll be joined by two members of the Research Bazaar
<http://melbourne.resbaz.edu.au/about> team from Melbourne; Isabell Kiko
<https://twitter.com/Isa_Kiko> will be discussing the work she's leading to
develop lessons around data visualization with D3, the popular JavaScript
visualization library, and Damien Irving <https://twitter.com/DrClimate>
will be discussing plans for the ResBaz Cookbook
<https://github.com/resbaz/cookbook>, the forthcoming how-to guide for
throwing your own ResBaz for the global event coming February 2016.
Have an update, blog post or event you’d like to share relevant to open
science? Add it to the etherpad :
https://etherpad.mozilla.org/sciencelab-calls-may28-2015
We hope you'll join us.

--