[open-science] Advice for starting an open community lab/biomakespace?

Mr. Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 17:57:15 UTC 2015

> On Nov 30, 2015, at 10:51 PM, Marc Dusseiller <marc at dusseiller.ch> wrote:
>
> my key arguments is always... it's not about tech, not about art, it's all about the people and setting up the space together.
> labology - "If you can't build your lab, you don't own your lab"

Thanks Marc, that above there is the essence of what I was trying to convey. You can make it flashy and corporate, and perhaps successful by some measures, or you can make it about the people and successful by other measures that may or may not matter in your case.

And Jenny, do check out everything on the Hackteria and biodesign.cc as those folks (Marc, Sachiko, Urs) have been at this for a long time. Another great place to mention is Srishti in Bangalore, again, a tiny place with a wonderfully outsize sense of community thanks to Yashas and colleagues.

--
Puneet Kishor
Just Another Creative Commoner