[open-science] data science training in London (end of Nov) - 2 scholarships

Piotr Migdal pmigdal at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 17:40:50 UTC 2015

Hey!

I'm doing a Machine Learning & Big Data workshops (using Python and Spark) in London, on 26-27 Nov 2015 and 28-29 Nov 2015 (http://workshops.deepsense.io/).

It's a commercial course. However, I persuaded DeepSense to offer two free spots for people involved in open science & open data! :)
If you are interested, apply via this form (deadline: 3 Nov 2015):
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1rvfg5uI_Tlbo_802U4Zzw71ETZYiKhhqoODuk6hSvGY/viewform

We expect at least some basic experience in programming using Python (if it is not your main language - you still have some time to learn it before the workshop :)). It's a basic introduction to machine learning with scikit-learn and to big data with Spark. So, it's best suited for people who don't have (yet) a working knowledge of these tools.

In this training we use only open source technologies (Python, IPython Notebook, Pandas, Seabron, scikit-learn, Spark, PySpark), so you will be free to use the newly acquired skills in any environment.

If you have any questions, I will be happy to answer!

Regards,
Piotr Migdał, PhD
http://migdal.wikidot.com/