[open-science] Open Access Platform

Benedikt Fecher fecher at hiig.de
Tue Apr 11 12:05:33 UTC 2017

Dear colleagues,

some colleagues and I wrote a short piece on why the European Commission
should invest in a public open access platform that I hope is of relevance
for some of you.

The piece can be found here:
http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/impactofsocialsciences/2017/04/10/rather-than-simply-moving-from-paying-to-read-to-paying-to-publish-its-time-for-a-european-open-access-platform/

Additionally we linked a Google Doc to the living article for everyone to
leave a comment or edit the article:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Djq16UP2MCD40ZO8Ma4DL3WfmBA9ErtqNkOTt80Ahgw/edit?usp=sharing

Since I believe this group is well-equipped to reflect upon the idea, I
wanted to share the links with you.

Cheers
benedikt
--
[image: HIIG-Logo] <http://www.hiig.de/>
Benedikt Fecher | Projektleiter Open Science | Forschungsprogrammleiter
Wissensdimension
Alexander von Humboldt-Institut für Internet und Gesellschaft gGmbH ·
Französische
Straße 9 · 10117 Berlin
T +49 30 200 760-82  ·  F +49 30 206 089-60  ·  www.hiig.de   ·     [image:
Facebook-Button] <http://www.facebook.com/HIIG.Berlin>  [image:
Twitter-Button] <https://twitter.com/hiig_berlin>  [image: Google+1-Button]
<https://plus.google.com/u/0/104662709701524780855> Gesellschaftssitz
Berlin  |  Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg  |  HRB 140911B  |  DE 27 601
54619
Forschungsdirektorium: Prof. Dr. Jeanette Hofmann (Geschäftsführung)
 · Prof. Dr. Dr. Ingolf Pernice (Geschäftsführung) · Prof. Dr. Dr.
Thomas Schildhauer ·
Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Schulz | Geschäftsführung: Dr. Karina Preiß