[open-science] X-Post with OpenCon: Upcoming Webinar! Battle Bias & Build Trust: How to Increase Transparency in Clinical Research, April 6, 2pm EDT

April Clyburne-Sherin april.clyburne.sherin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 16:36:10 UTC 2017

Sense About Science USA & Sigma Xi invite you to join our webinar next
Thursday <https://www.sigmaxi.org/programs/ethics-and-research/webinars/>!

*Battle Bias & Build Trust: How to Increase Transparency in Clinical
Research *

*Speaker*: April Clyburne-Sherin, MS, Campaign Manager, AllTrials USA, SAS
USA

*Date and Time*: Thursday, April 6, 2017 at 2:00 p.m. EDT

*Registration*: Click here to register
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdAsUUujQ1gE-d52xWw4UR8zCqQicN_1SHSZNO3vdg6nWTdBg/viewform?usp=sf_link>
for
the webinar

We are failing to register and report all our clinical trials. This causes
bias in the medical literature, which undermines both medicine and
research. When the media reports on this lack of transparency
<https://www.statnews.com/2015/12/13/clinical-trials-investigation/> in
medical research, we risk losing the trust of patients
<https://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2016/01/15/living-with-cancer-a-broken-covenant-with-patients/>
and
the public.

*This webinar:*

   - Describes the current state of clinical trial transparency in the US
   - Outlines concrete steps for researchers to increase transparency in
   their own research
   - Identifies opportunities for researchers to advocate for transparency
   through training and support from Sense About Science USA
   <http://www.senseaboutscienceusa.org/alltrials/>

*To Join the Webinar Live*:

   - Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/280733329
   - iPhone one-tap or Telephone (US Toll): (646) 558-8656 or (408)
   638-0968; Meeting ID 280 733 329#
   - International numbers available:
   https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=BI1nEY-FyoBP8dmltQNScgkO-eZL20cy

If you have any questions, please send an email to meetings at sigmaxi.org.