[open-science] New version of Open Knowledge Maps

Roman Gurinovich roman.gurinovich at xpansa.com
Thu Mar 23 16:57:44 UTC 2017

Hi Peter,

Great update! Will entire Internet be the next? )

Two questions:

1. Could you describe a little, how deeply search dives in the text of the
paper?

Options that come to mind:
1. Graphs are based on terms from papers metadata, for example 'MeSH terms'
from Pubmed xml;
2. All words from the papers' fulltext are taken into account
3. It depends on Pubmed/BASE API results

2. Are you planning API to retrieve graphs in the form of RDF of similar?
Like, querying 'mTOR' and receiving all connections between terms in the
relevant papers.

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 5:06 PM, Peter Kraker <pkraker at openknowledgemaps.org
> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> we are happy to announce that Open Knowledge Maps, the visual interface to
> the world's scientific knowledge, is now connected to one of the largest
> academic search engines in the world: BASE.
>
> This means, you are able to visualize a research topic from 100+ million
> documents. And for the first time, you can now search within different
> types of resources, including datasets and software. We would like to thank
> our collaborators BASE and rOpenSci for their outstanding support in making
> this happen!
>
> We have also spent a lot of time improving the naming of the sub-areas to
> make the concepts in a field more visible - which means that this update
> improves our existing PubMed integration too.
>
> Open Knowledge Maps follows the motto "open science, all the way". From
> our roadmap to our source code and our data, we publish everything under an
> open license. As always, we welcome any feedback you may have!
>
> https://openknowledgemaps.org
>
> Best,
> Peter

Best Regards,
Roman Gurinovich

Director, XPANSA Group | Business Systems and Data Analysis
sci.AI | Semantic Science

/// site  : xpansa.com
/// mail  : roman.gurinovich at xpansa.com
/// phone, PL : +48502994586 <502%20994%20586>
/// skype : roman.gurinovich