[open-science] Annotating All Knowledge Face-to-Face on Making Annotations FAIR, before Force2017 in Berlin

Jenny Molloy jenny.molloy at okfn.org
Fri Sep 8 11:11:42 UTC 2017

Hi All

This meeting might be of interest to members of this list!

Jenny

*AAK COALITION FACE-TO-FACE MEETING: Making Annotations FAIR: Supporting
Researcher Workflow Through Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and
Reusable Data Principles*

Organized by Hypothesis with European PubMed Central,  ContentMine,
PaperHive, and Pundit.

Join us for the second annual Annotating all Knowledge Coalition
face-to-face meeting on Tuesday, October 24th at the centrally located
Golden Tulip Berlin - Hotel Hamburg, at Landgrafenstraße 4, co-located with
FORCE2017.   This is an full-day workshop, free and open to all, with a
focus on the proliferation of standards-based annotation, practical use
cases, attendee-driven unconferences, and a hack session. Directly
following the workshop we’ll gather at a nearby pub (TBA) to catch up with
old friends and colleagues and make new acquaintances.  We hope to see you
there.

Registration for the workshop is free, but space is limited so sign up now
to reserve a spot. You do not have to attend the FORCE2017 meeting to join
the AAK workshop, although we strongly encourage it!

Please let us know if you have any questions or difficulty registering. And
please extend this invitation to anyone who might wish to attend. A draft
agenda will be coming soon.  We would appreciate any
comments/recommendations for demonstrations and speakers.

Looking forward to seeing you in Berlin!

Your hosts, Dr. Heather Staines (heather at hypothes.is) and Dr. Maryann
Martone (mmartone at ucsd.edu).