[open-science] Community call: Journal & publisher research data policy framework draft

Hrynaszkiewicz, Iain Iain.Hrynaszkiewicz at nature.com
Thu Mar 1 09:51:21 UTC 2018

With apologies for any cross-posting, on behalf of the Research Data Alliance Data Policy Standardisation and Implementation Interest Group<https://www.rd-alliance.org/groups/data-policy-standardisation-and-implementation>, I am pleased to share for your feedback our first output, a master journal and publisher research data policy framework draft<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DTAfOKkE1a2n2f_1hGcrXlrw-5Tq_AL5tk-ju8B82_E/>.

I also invite you to attend a community call this Friday to discuss the draft - details follow. All stakeholders - researchers, support staff, infrastructure providers, editors, publishers - are invited to join.

Instructions for reviewing the document are included on the first page. We are holding two community calls to gather feedback, which will be summarised and presented at the RDA P11 meeting in Berlin on 22nd March 2018.

The next Asia-Pacific community call will be held:

This Friday, 2nd March 2018 at 4pm AEDT (doodle poll<https://doodle.com/poll/3se4gta5efqvcgyx>)

The next US-EU call will be held: (doodle poll<https://doodle.com/poll/p6wzdicb4cvnx8i9>)

This Friday, 2nd March 2018 at 3pm GMT

Agenda for each call, which should take less than one hour is:
1.       Brief introduction to the IG and goals for the call
2.       Feedback on master journal and publisher policy framework draft
3.       Open discussion / any other business
4.       Conclusions

Please add your name to the relevant doodle poll, and mark your calendars, so we have an idea of the number of attendees for each call. We will send conference call details for joining the calls to our group mailing list<https://www.rd-alliance.org/user/login?destination=group/node/53666/subscribe/og_user_node> shortly.

If you have questions please contact one of the co-chairs:
Iain Hrynaszkiewicz (Springer Nature) - iain.hrynaszkiewicz at nature.com<mailto:iain.hrynaszkiewicz at nature.com>
Natasha Simons (ANDS) - natasha.simons at ands.org.au<mailto:natasha.simons at ands.org.au>
Simon Goudie (Wiley) - sgoudie at wiley.com<mailto:sgoudie at wiley.com>
Azhar Hussain (Jisc UK) - Azhar.Hussain at jisc.ac.uk<mailto:Azhar.Hussain at jisc.ac.uk>

On behalf of the co-chairs I look for forward to speaking with you.

Iain Hrynaszkiewicz
Head of Data Publishing
Open Research Group
Springer Nature
The Campus | Trematon Walk | Wharfdale Road | London N1 9FN
M: +44 (0)7814 290576
T: +44 (0)207 0146753
iain.hrynaszkiewicz at nature.com<mailto:iain.hrynaszkiewicz at nature.com>
www.springernature.com<http://www.springernature.com/>
ORCiD: 0000-0002-9673-5559

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is confidential and should not be used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error please inform the sender and delete it from your mailbox or any other storage mechanism. Macmillan Publishers Limited does not accept liability for any statements made which are clearly the sender's own and not expressly made on behalf of Macmillan Publishers Ltd or one of their agents.
Please note that Macmillan Publishers Limited and their agents and affiliates do not accept any responsibility for viruses or malware that may be contained in this e-mail or its attachments and it is your responsibility to scan the e-mail and attachments (if any).