[open-science] Updates on the open-source publishing platform Libero and how to get involved

Emily Packer e.packer at elifesciences.org
Tue Feb 26 16:42:36 UTC 2019

[With apologies for cross-posting]

Hi All,

We invite you to join us on Monday, March 11, to learn more about eLife’s
Libero – a suite of services and applications that help scholarly content
providers do more with everything they publish.

Libero encompasses the open-source, end-to-end publishing workflow that
eLife is developing, both for its own purposes and to help other
organisations looking to modernise and increase efficiency for their
operations. Current projects that fall under the Libero umbrella include
Libero Reviewer (being developed in concert with the Collaborative
Knowledge Foundation and others), the content production tool Texture
(developed with Substance Software GmbH), and Libero Publisher (eLife’s
content delivery platform).

In our webinar, we’ll provide more information about where we are with
Libero Publisher and how we made it here. We’ll also outline the next steps
as we work to produce a minimum viable product that other journal
publishers can use, and explain how publishers, libraries and developers
can collaborate on the project.

For more information and to register for the event, visit
https://elifesciences.org/events/8636796b/in-publishing-discover-the-latest-on-the-open-source-publishing-platform-libero-and-how-to-get-involved
.

Come and find out more about Libero as a fresh approach to publishing and,
if you’re inspired, how you can join those already collaborating with us as
we move the project forward.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Best wishes,

Emily

--

Emily Packer
Senior Press Officer

+44 1223 855373 (office)

http://elifesciences.org

--
eLife Sciences Publications, Ltd is a limited liability non-profit
non-stock corporation incorporated in the State of Delaware, USA, with