[open-science] Vacancies - Open and Reproducible Research Group (ORRG), TU Graz, Austria

Tony Ross-Hellauer tross at know-center.at
Tue Jan 15 13:37:42 UTC 2019

Dear colleagues,

The Institute of Interactive Systems and Data Science at Graz University of Technology in Austria has two open positions which may be of interest to list members.

Both positions are to work with me in a new research group, the Open and Reproducible Research Group (ORRG), which will take a research-oriented approach towards cultural and technological change in introducing Open Science and RDM.

  1.  Project officer - Data Analysis and Bibliometrics (prae-doc)<https://career.tugraz.at/~career/upload/nx3dwm8x/7060_Projektassistent_in%20Datenanalyse%20Bibliometrie.pdf>

We are seeking a highly motivated and ambitious candidate with a strong academic background in information science, bibliometrics, data science, statistics or a cognate discipline. Based in the Open and Reproducible Research Group (ORRG), the successful applicant will assist in the analysis and implementation of Open Science practices, policies and tools. The position is open as prae-doc; the opportunity to pursue a PhD will be supported. Very good written and spoken English language skills are required; very good written and spoken German would be an advantage.

  1.  Project officer - Data Stewardship (post or prae-doc)<https://career.tugraz.at/~career/upload/8bkp4qvv/7060_Projektassistent_in%20Data%20Stewardship.pdf>

We are seeking a highly motivated and ambitious candidate with a strong background in life sciences, computer science, data science or a cognate discipline. Based in the Open and Reproducible Research Group (ORRG) at the TU Graz, the successful applicant will undertake hands-on research into emergent services, policies and practices for data stewardship. The position is open as either post-doc or prae-doc; if the latter, the opportunity to pursue a PhD will be supported. Very good written and spoken English and German language skills are required.

Further details and information on how to apply is contained in the documents linked above. The deadline for receipt of applications is 15th Feb 2019.

For any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me!

Best, Tony Ross-Hellauer

Tony Ross-Hellauer, MA(Hons), MSc, PhD
Group Leader - Open and Reproducible Research Group, TU Graz
Senior Researcher (Open Science) - Know-Center GmbH
Editor-in-Chief Publications<http://www.mdpi.com/journal/publications/> (ISSN 2304-6775)
Phone +43-316-873-32800 Fax +43-316-873-1030815
tross at know-center.at<mailto:tross at know-center.at> / ross-hellauer at tugraz.at<mailto:ross-hellauer at tugraz.at>