[open-science] CALL FOR PAPERS - IWSC 2019 - Porto - Portugal

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Sun Jan 20 19:37:49 UTC 2019

Many years ago I asked for the OKFN to set up this list and thank them for
doing so. The OKFN (now OKI) promotes openness and is dedicated to open
procedures , artefacts, community.
Facebook and Linkedin are closed "walled gardens" and I suspect that many
OK supporters see serious limitations in using them for open communication.

P.

On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 9:32 AM Haziq Jeelani <haziqjeelani at gmail.com>
wrote:

> As good as its to be on the mailing list to see the new calls for
> contribution and actions and events, i feel the purpose of these calls for
> contributions and actions is not fully served as they don't reach the
> anticipated audience in time and is the information is limited to the
> mailing lists only. Most of the times people still have to pass on the
> information to their own immediate contacts and that still defeats the
> purpose of a public open call for participation.  There are few groups on
> Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/opencallai/  and Linkedin
> https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12182909/ where a community of people
> exists who are looking for open calls for participation. I think posting to
> these groups would broaden the scope of these calls and allow people who
> are not subscribing to these mailing lists have a chance to participate
>
> --
> Best Regards
> Haziq Jeelani
> IEEE, UNV
> Bio <https://sites.google.com/site/haziqjeelani/>
> Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/haziqandrabi>
> Twitter <https://twitter.com/hazytalks>
>

> On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 10:17 PM Rodrigo Padula <
> rodrigopadula at wikimedia.org.br> wrote:
>
>> The call for papers for the II IWSC - International Wiki Scientific
>> Conference 2019 is open.
>>
>> More information at https://ocs.letras.up.pt/index.php/IWSC2019/IWSC2019
>>
>> Rodrigo Padula
>> Coordenador de Projetos
>> Wiki Educação Brasil
>> http://www.wikibrasil.org
>> 21 99326-0558

Reader Emeritus in Molecular Informatics
Unilever Centre, Dept. Of Chemistry