[open-science] Transpose - a new database of almost 3000 journal policies for peer review and preprints

Tony Ross-Hellauer tross at know-center.at
Fri Jun 14 12:50:52 UTC 2019

Dear list members,

With apologies for cross-posting, I'm getting in touch to let you know that we're excited to announce the launch of Transpose<http://transpose-publishing.github.io/> (@TransposeSCI<https://twitter.com/transposesci>), a database of peer review, co-reviewing, and preprint policies relating to media coverage, licensing, versions, and citation for almost 3000 journals. Transpose is a community effort and all our data is made available CC0 for re-use.

These policies can often be difficult to find, unclear, or undefined<https://asapbio.org/transpose-poster>. Our hope is to bring them to light so that authors, readers, reviewers, and other stakeholders can more easily find journals that align with their values. At the same time, editors can use this resource to draw inspiration from changing practices at other journals. (Read more user stories here<https://transpose-publishing.github.io/#/user-stories>.)

We'd really appreciate your feedback on the resource, as well as any help you might give us in spreading the word!

Best wishes,

Tony

Dr. Tony Ross-Hellauer
Group Leader - Open and Reproducible Research Group, TU Graz
Senior Researcher (Open Science) - Know-Center GmbH
Editor-in-Chief Publications<http://www.mdpi.com/journal/publications/> (ISSN 2304-6775)
Phone +43-316-873-32800 Fax +43-316-873-1030815
tross at know-center.at<mailto:tross at know-center.at> / ross-hellauer at tugraz.at<mailto:ross-hellauer at tugraz.at>